Blog Search Engine

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Real Cash For Property Dilemma.


that nice Mr. Weeks has offered me very tempting cash for property deal. One hundred and thirty thousand pounds for my old 1930s semi detached three-bedroom house. That seems a lot of cash for a property like mine and I keep thinking what I could do with the money. Yet at the same time I wonder how I'll get on in another house and another place. You see I've lived in this house since I married Norman in 1958. Norman died in this very house five years ago and together we raised our two boys, Mike and Steve in this house. The house was in Norman's family from when it was built. The neighbourhood was a lovely up and coming place then.

I daren't go out at night nowadays, this neighbourhood has gone right down the drain. In other parts of Birmingham my house would be worth twice as much. But Mr. Weeks says I could have the money in my bank in two weeks or less. Then I could go to Worthing and start looking for another place to live and be nearer Mike, his wife Laura and the two darling little girls

. They are so settled down there but property is much more expensive than this area. That is a tempting thought though, just to take the cash and start a new phase of life, probably my last, as early as next month. I'm worried what will happen to my house when I leave though. I have some many memories, so much furniture, so many little ties to this place, this house. It's a home really. I can't think of it as a house, a property or an asset. But Norman wouldn't want me to stay here just because I won't see Joyce over the road or see the crocuses come up through the lawn in the spring.

Norman always dealt with the money side of things, at least where the house was concerned. I wonder what he would think of £130,000 pounds. Of course it will be all mine because we paid off the mortgage when Norman retired from the Austin. So I'm really a lot luckier than many pensioners my age. Is it really time to sell now? We've probably left it too late to make the most from the house but Norman would never even talk about moving closer to the lads and leaving this place. Now I think the area is as bad as it is going to get. The council are putting up new places all around and that horrible pub is all boarded up now.

Better that, even with the graffiti than having it open and full all those dodgy characters shouting lat eat night and weeing in the bus stop. A nice little flat near the south coast is a lovely thought. Maybe even invest the money and rent a flat. I could have very peaceful quiet life near Mike's family. I wouldn't be in their pockets all the time and I could help with babysitting and watch the girls grow up. It happens so fast. I must get free now. I can't wait any longer. I will take the cash for property money and make the best of my remaining years.